Republicans…revile Obama and desire, above all, his ouster. In light of this, wouldn’t they seek out the broadest possible coalition for defeating him? Apparently not. Rather, the working Republican hypothesis seems to be that the damaged economy will trump any specific stand on the issues. Americans will embrace the Republican candidate simply to punish Obama for failing to cure what ails the economy. In this environment, even the Republican id will be an easy sell. This may be true. Still, the Republican agenda raises a question: Has any major American political party gone into a Presidential election with such an unpopular set of stands on the issues? Actually, yes.
Jeffrey Toobin, from his "2012 = 1964"
- l-iana likes this
- rockydennisinheaven reblogged this from thesmithian
- liberalsarecool likes this
- hairtrending reblogged this from thesmithian
- hairtrending likes this
- raybancharles likes this
- gabriellecute reblogged this from thesmithian
- freetohide likes this
- befoer likes this
- smorgasbordgie reblogged this from thesmithian
- thesmithian posted this